Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dragon Eggs, Day 30

Amy knocked the lid askew on the incubator again yesterday. Again, don't know how long it was off, but I fixed it and moved the incubator out of the reach of small dogs.

The heat was BRUTAL today.

When I got home from work, the temperature inside the incubator was at 94 degrees.
it's supposed to be at 84 degrees. Extended periods of time at over 90 degrees can kill the embryos.
I really hope I wasn't too late.

Before



Incubator Status (3pm):
Temperature: 94 degrees fahrenheit
Humidity: 47%




After





Incubator Status (6pm):
Temperature: 86 degrees fahrenheit
Humidity: 55%


The humidity is STILL super low. It should be between 70 and 80%


I threw so much ice in there to cool it off, I was worried there wouldn't be enough to put in the cages for the dragons and geckos, and in the water bowl for the dog and cats.



There was enough though. The girls were so happy about the ice water in their pool, they decided to go swimming (it had gotten around 110 in their cage, Smaug's wasn't so bad, it stayed around 98)






I know, their pool is dirty. They keep dragging material from the dig box into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment