Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami?!?

This:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news%2Fstate&id=8007099

scares the crap out of me.

There are 3 things in the world that scare me badly enough to put me into a white knuckled fear-coma: Earthquakes (yes, I am AWARE that I live in Southern California, and should be used to them by now - but i'm not) Tsunamis, and getting a shot at the doctor's office.

Japan had the earthquake.

We have a Tsunami warning.

When I was little, I used to have this scar-you-for life nightmare where I died in a tsunami almost every time we stayed at our vacation place down by San Diego. I would be playing on the beach, and the water would disappear. I would look up and see this 30 foot wave rushing at me. I would try to run, but my 7-year-old legs couldn't run fast enough in the deep sand. I would come to this dune and as I tried to climb it, the wave would hit me and I would wake up.

Now, i'm having trouble getting to sleep. Even though i'm about 20 minutes from the closest beach, I have this old nightmare playing on a loop in my waking mind. I am finding it extremely difficult to look away from the computer screen for fear I will miss some important piece of news.

it is 2:45.

I have to be up at 6:30.

 Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment