Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birthday Adventures

My sister took me out to dinner for my birthday.

We went to this sushi place in downtown Fullerton called Chomp. It's actually right across the lot from Roadkill Ranch, where Roommate and I got our spiffy dresses.

Anyway, my sister and I ordered about $40-$45 worth of sushi, ate it, then realized neither of us had our ATM cards.

Now SHE is driving back out to Ontario to get hers, and I'm waiting in the restaurant.

Did I mention I'm in Fullerton?

-----
Edit:

Was sitting in the restaurant for 2 hours waiting for my sister to get back. While I was waiting - aside from arguing with my Blackberry over whether or not I actually wanted to POST the first part of this blog (had to re-type it 5 times before it stuck) - Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" came on the radio.

When we were kids, that was one of my sister's favorite songs. Considering the situation, my brain wandered off on a little mini-tangent and I realized how funny it would be if, considering the situation, my sister chose that PARTICULAR moment to walk through the door.

I started giggling to myself

And it was all I could do to remain on my seat at the sushi bar when, a few minutes later the "Turning Japanese" song came on the radio.

I'm sorry, but when you've been stranded in a sushi restaurant for nearly 3 hours, that is HILARIOUS.

Even the waitress laughed - she was awesome.

-------
Edit 2:

Still can't find my ATM card.

Car stereo died - I think there's a shorted wire.

Bad birthday karma?
Oh well, at least the sushi incident was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment