Friday, March 28, 2014

Jack, Day 4

Jack has a LOT more energy today. He is crawling all over everything and exploring with his little tongue.

He feels a little heavier, too. I am sure a lot of that is poop, as he has had a bit to eat over the last few days, but hasn't pooped yet since I got him.

Happy Jack

Water drop on his nose. Geckos need to drink too.
 He enjoys coming out of his cage and exploring. He has a lot of energy, and I find myself having to watch him closely.

He is blind, but he is fearless. He strides off in his chosen direction as if it will be completely even territory forever, and if I don't keep an eye on him, that confident stride will take him right off the edge of the bed.
 I soaked his eyes with water to get them open, and see what I was dealing with.

I had no idea what I was looking at. It looked a little like it might be collapsed eyeballs.It was whitish yellow, and kind of wrinkly, but hard and dried out.

Whatever it was, it was gross.



I made him an appointment with my vet, Dr. Peach, for tomorrow morning. She wants to see what he's got going on under those eyelids too. She also wants to test and make sure he doesn't have any other problems or parasites.

No comments:

Post a Comment