Monday, August 18, 2014

So many little faces.

The babies are about a month and a half old now. 2 didn't make it. One had digestive issues and one had a run in with a couple crickets that I missed when removing them from the cage after feeding time. I am not going to go into details because it's heartbreaking.

They're all developing the most adorable personalities. I have picked a couple keepers, and several of them have been picked by their new mommies/daddies.


My keepers are Firecracker (male) Onyxia (female) and S (female) I wish I could keep Deuce (male) also. If I can, I will. He's such a sweetheart.

S, the face of my rescue

Deuce (formerly #2, second to cut, first out of the egg)

The ones that have found new homes so far are Meranath (formerly Star) and Nostradamus (formerly stumpy. He has a tail nip)

Meranath, the puppy-dragon

 Meranath is going home with my friend Sahara from Raresight Farms. I know she will have a very good home there.

Nostradamus is going home with my good friend Amanda. She is already head over heels in love with him, and I know she will spoil him rotten.

Big Red MIGHT have a family waiting for him, I am still waiting to hear back from them for verification.

Went to the Renaissance Faire up in Big bear these last 2 weekends. The first time I took ALL of the dragons, but I went in plain clothes. That was when Amanda chose Nostradamus. She is calling him Nos for short.
This past weekend, we went up for closing day. I took 5 of the babies (Firecracker,Onyxia, Deuce, Nos, and the NEW star, since Meranath got her new name), Smaug, and Tiamat. We took the boys with us too. The younger one LOVES to tell people everything about the dragons. I am VERY impressed with how well he remembers every little thing I tell him about them, but that IS an Autism spectrum thing, and he IS on the spectrum. He recognizes each individual dragon as well as I do, and he has only seen them 3 times since they hatched.

Amanda got to spend all day with little Nos to get to know him better. She is so very smitten with that little dragon. It makes me very happy to see.


Lucky recovering from near-drowning.
Had an incident just a few minutes ago, one of the babies almost drowned in the water dish. Another one sat on his head. I pulled him out and he was limp and drooling slimy water. I held him by the tail,head down, with my pinky finger wedged in his mouth, and gently tried to force the water out of his lungs.

It worked.


He started spewing water in big gooey drops. I swear I didn't think his little body could hold that much water. After that, he recovered pretty quickly.

This little guy has now EARNED the name Lucky.
He is now trying to have dragon adventures by climbing all over me and running all over the bed.

15 minutes after the near drowning incident. Lucky is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment